On Friday (9/15/17), Bendis Assembled will be released upon the world. From co-host of Legendary Runs, Matt Wood and Brian Keohan, this will prove to be unlike any other Talking Comics podcast. A new episode will be released every single weekday and will chronicle all 200+ issues of Bendis’ landmark run on The Avengers. Occasionally guest will join in on the fun to offer insights and memories throughout the series.
Now for a few “What do I need to know”s:
- We will be reading any Avenger related comic series that Bendis wrote between Secret War #1 to Age of Ultron #13. This includes events, miniseries, etc. This will not included solo character books like Alias, Moon Knight or Spider-Woman. This also goes for major events that he didn’t write. Sorry, no Civil War. These books, along with the single character books might be covered in special episodes for Talking Comics Patreon supporters.
- The show will be divided into two seasons. The first will begin 9/15 and last until somewhere in February or March; this is right around the time we will be finishing Secret Invasion.
- Episodes usually run from 25-45 minutes. Episodes with guest can go longer, but they are especially worth it!
- We will be updating our Instagram and Twitter daily with the release of each episode, but for our web-based listeners, episodes will be released on Talking Comics on our weekly recap under the podcast tab.
- Please remember that episodes are recorded months in advance! At the time of release for episode 1, Brian and I will have just finished up our 50th episode! I know it sounds crazy, but thats how it has to be in order to promise you that there will be a new episode ready for you each weekday. That being said, we still appreciate your feedback. It will certainly be taken under consideration as we progress, just don’t expect any immediate changes for a while.
- Many of our guest will be from our Talking Comics family, however there might be a few surprises along the way!
- We would love if you follow along with us! We suggest if you don’t already own the issues, get a Marvel Unlimited subscription. Each week we will include links to where you can purchase the issues digitally, what collection the issues can be found in, and the covers of the issues that we will cover next week!
I’m very excited to begin this trip with Brian and you through what I consider some of my favorite moments reading comics. Please if you have any questions, contact us with the information below.
Matt Wood: Twitter and Instagram (@johnnymattwood)
Brian Kehoan: Twitter and Instagram (@jacklazer)
Show: Twitter and Instagram (@bendisassembled)