The TALKING COMICS PULL LIST
Every Wednesday, the Talking Comics collective will post a mega-list of the comics they’re most excited to pull off the shelves that week. With the wide range of personal tastes on our staff here, you know there’s bound to be something worth sampling come New Comic Book Day!!!
Then, check back here on Sunday to see if the comics on the Pull List met the team’s expectations with reviews and quippy quotables!!!
This week’s contributors:
- John Dubrawa (@thisjohnd)
- Bob Reyer (email@example.com)
- Vivek Kembaiyan (@just_Vivek)
- Lorna Maltman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
And lovingly edited by Joey Braccino (@joeybraccino)
New Comic Book Day – October 19th, 2016
Backstagers #3 – James Tynion IV & Rian Sygh
- Did you know that this is my FREAKING NEW FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME?!???!?! – Joey
DARK HORSE COMICS
Buffy: The High School Years – Glutton for Punishment – Kel McDonald & Yishan Li
Harrow County #17 – Cullen Bunn & Carla Speed McNeil
Spell on Wheels #1 – Kate Leth & Megan Levens
Batman #9 -Tom King & Mikel Janin
- This series for me has been solid but not consistently great like Detective or Wonder Woman. That being said, I have missed a good Bane story and reading the preview for me excited to see what King is doing. Also the art looks great. – Lorna.
Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye #1 – Gerard Way & Jonathan Rivera and Michael Avon Oeming
Nightwing #7 – Tim Seeley & Javi Fernandez
- Nightwing (the book) was in a weird spot when Night of the Monsters kicked in as the storyline between Dick, his newfound frenemy, Raptor, and the Court of Owls hadn’t quite be wrapped up. Now, with Nightwing #7, we’re going back to learn more about Raptor and his motives, and I’m looking forward to seeing how this saga continues. –John D.
Star Trek: Boldly Go #1 – Mike Johnson & Tony Shasteen
Black Panther #7 – Ta-Nehisi Coates & Chris Sprouse
- It’s about to go down in Wakanda! The last issue ended with some high-profile friends about to aid T’Challa. But is it too late for Black Panther to maintain leadership of his nation? – Vivek
Infamous Iron Man #1 – Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev
- When it was announced that Doom was going to be a new Iron Man and not only that, but he was getting a solo series. I knew I was going to have to check this out even if it will only be one issue. Let’s see if it’s good enough to keep me coming back. – Lorna.
- I’ve been loving this series since it started. I’m looking forward to seeing how Sam handles the increasing criticism he’s been getting from all sides, and whether his solution to the Ameri-Cops actually works. Marvel’s branding this as a jumping-on point, so it may be a good time to check it out if you’ve been sleeping on it. – Vivek
The Mighty Thor #12 – Jason Aaron & Russell Dauterman
- It looks like Mjolnir, the magic hammer, will be getting some love here. Should be fun, especially after the events of last issue. – Vivek
- At last issue’s close, Bobbi was being visited by ghosts from her past–literally as well as figuratively! This series has been a hidden gem amongst the hyper-release “big books”, and although it will be coming to an end soon, I highly recommend buying the trade!–Bob
And that’s our Pull List for this week!!! If you happen to pick up any of these books, please join the conversation here or on twitter and let us know what you think! As we update the site with reviews and verdicts on these comics, we’d love to include your input!